Re: Mt. Tazerzait: Some observations.

doug wrote:

> Frank,
>  It seems just a few short days ago someone was getting all over dealers
> for less than complete knowlege, here's a quote "Speculation has no
> place in science, and it should have no place in collecting of
> meteorites.".
>  So, Frank, please be careful with these speculations of yours or you
> just might see them in a dealers catalog someday.
>  But truely, I think speculation is very important in science, in fact
> there would be no science without it.
>
> doug
Doug:
I was wondering WHO wrote that quote? I believe it is completely silly
NOT to think speculation belongs in science. That is how ideas get
started. Complete SPECULATION by Einstein led to further study, and
finally the theory of relativity, which is still speculation in its own
right. Anyway, I commend Frank for making his observations, not only for
Mt. Tazerzait, but for all the other meteorites he has informed us of.
Cheers,
--
Matt Morgan
Colorado Geological Survey