Re: Meteorite Weight

Thank you for the backup!!! :)  --How am I supposed to know what a meteorite
weighs....--  The reason I asked....  My brother bought an old house, while
helping him tear down the ceiling,  what I thought was a rock, almost fell on
my head.  I brought it to a few of the geology teachers at my school.  It is
very heavy for its size.  They are not sure if it is a meteorite, but believe
that it is.  It weighs 1 1/2 pounds.  They are taking a trip to the Natural
History museum in May, and are going to take it with them.....

So...  that's why I asked the "average" weight.  I have no knowledge about
this stuff.  I'm learning.

Again, Thank you.

Laura