Re French "meteorite"

ALL: Received the following from the editor or Meteorite! magazine to be
forewarded to the newsletter - also gave him info on how to become part
of the list. This should be of great advantage to all concerned.  Best
wishes, Michael
Joel Schiff wrote:
	 Recently I have read two accounts in the local newspaper of a 1.5 kg
basaltic meteorite that struck a car in the French Alpine town of
Chambery and set the car on fire. The "meteorite" was even identified by
scientists at a nearby university.
	In order to verify this account for possible publication in Meteorite!,
I contacted my mate Claude Perron of the Paris Museum. He told me that
he had a piece of the alleged "meteorite" on his desk in front of him
and that it was a piece of "combustible plastic". Sorry but another
alien bites the dust.
	 Joel Schiff