asteroid hunter of the month

Hi fellow concerned citizens of the world,

We see before our eyes the development of a true picture of Earth's
geological, astronomical and anthropological history coming to the
foreground and the veil of ignorance slowly and steadily parting to shed
light much like the plate tectonic theory did a half century ago for the
physical sciences. This new theory in call coherent catastrophism.
Basically this theory says that the history of this planet is inescapable
linked to impacts from large and small extraterrestial bodies. These
impacts within the first 1.8 billion years is thought to have been often
and considerable but since (within the last 3 billion years) the impacts
with Earth has been steady, uninterrupted and at a constant rate.
One of the biggest proponents of this theory of Coherent catastrophism is
Bill Napier in England.

I wrote him recently and what surprised me was his interest in the future
of the problem not the acceptance of his theory by proofs from the past. He
is a concerned citizen of the planet who is looking to the solution to the
hazards impact.
quote "We are, I think, living in interesting
times! One of the things we need to do is map out interplanetary space
to try to assess just where the next hazard lies. It's a 20-year job"

There are many heroes out there who are working diligently to survey NEO's,
adding to our knowledge of and eventually solve the problem posed by the
asteroid and comet threat to planet Earth. We should honor them for their
important work

One of these people I acknowledge this month in my BIGROCK  web page is DR.
JOE MONTANI of Spacewatch (jmontani@LPL.Arizona.EDU).  A complete bio and
list of his work can be link to from my webpage's FEATURED ASTEROID HUNTER
OF THE MONTH.

I wish all would send an email of thanks to this man who is one of may who
are fighting tirelessly for all man and his civilization's survival.

---
Victor Noto - Kissimmee, Florida USA
vnn2@phoenixat.com
http://www.phoenixat.com/~vnn2/BIGROCK.htm
Website theme quote:
"Life really is a Rock and
the Big Rock giveth and taketh away all life!!"