Re: dringend - viruses and motion around the galactic disk

I've been the quiet guy in the corner in this list for quite a long
time now... but this message stung my eye like a needle. As it stated...

CREW", DO NOT
> > > OPEN

> > > about

> > > with all
GREETING"
> > > delete it >without reading it. If you read it, it'll be too late,
> > > "Trojan Horse" virus
> > > before that >it'll send a message as yours to everybody within
> > > your address book.

But as far as I know,viruses CAN'T BE ACTIVATED BY READING reading
your email!!!! They can only be found in the ATTACHED files that come
with the email, and WON'T be activated until you activate the file,
whether it is a word document, macro or an executable... That's
because viruses are just programs, just (?) like your everyday Excel
or Photoshop. Does anyone have a different opinion?

And from one thing to another, I was just wondering about the famous
disasters that seem to strike Earth every now and then, like the
rather big bang 65 milion years ago... they seem to follow a period of
30 million years, if I remember correctly from my early astronomy
studies (could be that I'm mistaking the number by far...).

The question is, has it been calculated does (and if so, how) the
solar system's movement through the galactic disk have anything to do
with it...? You know, the Sun circles (not quite, though) around the
Galactic center and does the little "wobbling" along the way, thus
rambling through the disk from time to time (every 30 million
years...?). It could be that the gas concentrated at the disk could
"push" the asteroids and long-period comets closer to the Sun during
the transit through the disk, therefore making it far more possible to
one hit Earth along the way. If this is the case, could it be possible
that we're due to have a major impact around the next five million
years...?-)
What a major breakthrough for all the meteor-enthusiasts all aroung
the world!-)
"Boom!" "what was that?" "err.. nothing, just a twenty-mile-rock
crashing on the other side of the planet".

Has anyone found any events of a rather large number of craters dated
between the dinousaur-killing-blast and current day? And what about
the craters before that? How accurately can they be dated?

That's it then. see ya.

===
    /\_./o__   If you doubt anything stated in this message,
   (/^/(_^^'   please reply and I will consider your point of
  ._.(_.)_            view... for about two seconds. =)

I'm out of here.           Jarmo Korteniemi
  Bye for now.      email: eltanin@rocketmail.com
                            phone: FI-(0)8-556 11 42
Reality is something you rise above.
--Liza Minnelli