Re: El Hammami is indeed Hamada du Draa

Peter Abrahams wrote:
>  I had a phone talk with Ed Thompson, who brought in the El Hammami & just recently told A. Rubin these same details..
> Hamada du Draa and El Hammami are the same fall.  The circumstances of exporting a meteorite from that part of the world resulted in H d D being labelled "Algeria" and EH from "Mauritania"..
> Peter Abrahams   telscope@europa.com
Dear Peter,
	I just got off the phone with Edwin & he was less adamant about the
origins of "these two" (or one) meteorite(s). He said, specifically, "I
think it is a distinct possibility" the two are, in fact, one fall. It
seems lab analysis will be required to make a reliable determination.
	With the naked eye, I can see distinct differences and distinct
similarities, none of which are conclusive one way or the other. I do
find the time between "reported" falls to be interesting - (but this,
again, is in no way difinative).
	The most striking difference I see is in the fusion crust of the 2.
HdD, has rather densly scattered viscicules or vugs - little holes -
easily seen at 5 power & blatently obvious at 15 powere (actual powers =
4.8 & 16) However, none of the El Hammami shows ANY such holes in the
fusion crust.
	Peter, check the fusion crust on the ones you have - do you see what I
see?
	Best wishes, Michael