Re: Meteorite News letter.

Mrcsharp@aol.com wrote:

> I belive there is a new publication starting called Voyager???? that will
> focus on meteorites and other space issues.Does anyone know anything more
> about this?
     Yes, Voyage! will be out in about 3 or 4 months & will be a
bi-monthly magazine devoted to meteorites & "space events"
(which could meen astronomy, space exploration, commets, etc.)
One of its primary intents is to "turn on" amature astronomers &
space travel afectionodos to meteorites, their implications &
collection - a link that is often surprisingly absent among
astronomically oriented magazines, clubs, etc.
     Its success may very well depend on initial subscriptions & I
may have a link from my web site for further information in the
near future.
    This is also an excelent opportunity for people to submit articles
about any aspect of meteorites and/or collecting meteorites with a
very good chance of getting published.
    Interested parties have a unique opportunity to influence the
tennor or the meteoritical aspect of this publication, as it is just
getting started & the editor does not seem to be overly
sophisticated in the realm of meteoritics. However, his heart seems
to be in the right place. (I believe he is FAR more sophisticated
about astronomy & has deep ties to NASA, and NASA photos)
    I believe the input recieved by us, as collectors - and those of us
who are researchers, will largely shape the meteoritical aspect of
this publication & set the tone for years to come (provided it lasts
that long)
     We have been very lucky to have METEORIT!  This is a chance to
have ANOTHER publication - this one every 2 months instead of
every 3. (is there anyone out there that WOULDN'T want any more
current information on meteorites?) However, METEORITE! has a
meteoritically sophisticated editor - none of us had to do anything
except buy it. I don't think this is the case here, but the potential is.
     Individuals interested can contact me privately via email (to
spare uninterested readers)   Michael