Re: Meteorite Location Details

Dear Craig,
	RE the location of the McKinney (L4) fall:
	In my limited experience, if you were to start looking (using a
meteorite cane) in the area about 2/3rds of the way from McKinney toward
Frisco you should do fine, as strewn fields, while varied in size, do
seem to GENERALLY encompass a rather large area. I would also suggest
you work out a "grid", at least mentally, so you can systematically
search the area. Since you live there, you should have PLENTY of time!
You may also want to keep a log of the actual time spent & the SPECIFIC
area covered.
	It is very unfortunate there don't seem to be any specimens available
found in recent times, which you could look at & SEE EXACTLY what to
look for, as all falls seem to "weather" differently, based on iron
content, time of exposure & the local weather conditions. After you find
the first one, it will brobably be easier to find more, as you will know
exactly what to look for.
	Best of luck! - And keep us informed!