Re: Planetfest '97

>Does anyone out there have any information about where to get tickets
>for planetfest this weekend?

Call the Planetary Society at 818-793-5100.  They also have a home page:

http://planetary.org/

Live coverage of the event will also be on the home page.

>How much are they at the door?  $20?

The 3-day pass is $37, less for single day passes.

>Directions to planetfest (JPL?) would help too.

Planetfest '97 is being held at the Pasadena Convention Center, not JPL.
To get to the Convention Center, get on the 210 freeway and take the Marengo exit
in Pasadena, and head south.  The Convention Center is on Green Street.

I spent most of the day yesterday at the Convention Center helping set up
displays for the Galileo and Stardust projects.  I've confirmed there will be
two meteorite dealers there: Southwest Meteorites and Robert Haag. The main
exhibit hall is huge, the size of an airplane hanger.  This is where most of
the larger exhibits will be as well as the 25 foot screen showing live
coverage of the Mars Pathfinder landing.  I'll be at the Planetfest most
of the weekend.

Ron Baalke