Re: Mars Pathfinder Update #1 - July 4, 1997

I too would like to thank Ron for bring the latest news to us on the list.
Today, for me especially.  My Netscape went down, I don't have a TV, and my
only available nearby outlet (for a radio) is occupied by my Zip drive
containing my diagnostic programs (for trouble-shooting my software
Netscape Communicator program).

I was going to spend the day writing email to:
Matt about photographing meteorites,
Paul about his wonderful, wonderfu,l wonderful gallery I wish I could look at,
Michael about cool specimens and trading,
Frank about meteorite collecting ethics and dinosaur bones,
Joel about future articles,
Jerry about interesting meteorite falls and Mt. Taz,
Ken about his excellent new book,
Walter about particular meteorites and their features,
Marty about a specific meteorite book,
Luc about the safe arrival of the E slice,
Rolf about a specific specimen that caught my fancy,
and my parents to wish them the best on this holiday.

...but for now, I will keep working on my computer in hopes that I can join
the rest of the world in awe over what we (earthlings) are doing today on
Mars.

Thank you Ron, for keeping me posted, more than you know!

Happy 4th to All, and Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans!

Martin