Re: legal info needed

Christian Mongrain wrote:

> Could any one tell me where I could find information on meteorite
> ownership
> laws in CANADA. I heard from many people that the canadian
> government
> considers meteorites as a national heritage. Is that true ???
>
> I want to arrange an expedition in the north of Quebec.
> Is it worth my while??

In Canada, meteorites are the belong to the property owner (government
or private) on which the meteorites are found, however, they are
considered a national heritage and require a virtually impossible to
get export permit to remove them from the country.

Contact Richard Herd at the Geological Survey of Canada for specifics,
they are quite strict with enforcement on export.

Gene Roberts