Re: Please don't post images to the list

To all,

Please remember that people reading this newslist will be using a
variety of different makes of computers/programs to do so.

While the IBM PC compatable computer is ubiquious, it is not 100%

I for one, would have like to have viewed the possible crater image
put up by Matt Morgan. But my newsreader can not process MIME mail
attachments. BTW I am using a British Acorn RISC computer, plus a
freeware newsreader. I could buy(70-100 UKpounds) a newsreader with
that facility, but don't concider the cost justified just for that.

One final point, while I'd prefer users to place images on web sites,
I realise not everyone has access to this facility. So an attached
message is their only option. And I accept that I will be one of the
5-10 percent?, who will miss out, OK, better that 90 percent get to
see it.

Just don't make them TO BIG, as a guideline anyone who posts a
a message of more than 100kb to a usernet newsgroup, like sci.astro
apart from the 'binary' ones is likely to get it cancelled, by the
'net police'.

--
Eric HuttonFrom meteorite-list-request@meteoritecentral.com  Sun Jun  1 12:13:41 1997