Re: Stop this nonsense. There are no any proven meteorits from Mars.

> I am not a scientist - just a regular citizen with some common sense
    Likewise.
> Please comment on the following:
>
> Recent “Life on Mars” frenzy mostly based on the assumption that there
> are 12 “Martian Meteorites”

   The frenzy is about whether the PAHs are biological, and I am a
skeptic.

>      /H. P. McSween Jr., Meteoritics 29, 757 (1994). Analyses of the
> gases in glassy inclusions in the SNC meteorites EET79001 by Bogard and
> Johnson [Science 221, 651 (1983)], Becker and Pepin[Earth Planet. Sci.
> Lett. 69, 225 (1983)], and Marti et al.[Science 267, 1981 (1995)] have
> shown that the abundance and isotopic compositions of the trapped gases
> in the SNC meteorites and the measured atmospheric compositions on Mars,
> measured in situ by the Viking landers, have a direct one-to-one
> correlation (more than nine orders of magnitude in concentrations). This
> remarkable agreement is one of the strongest arguments that the SNC
> meteorites represent samples from Mars/
>
> Leaving apart /by my opinion not substantiated/ conclusion of “Life
> Traces” I am absolutely disagree with alleged Mars origin of these
> meteorites.

Good, but first you must come up with a more plausible theory concerning
the origin of these meteorites. I am sorry, but you have the burden of
proof.  You must explain the "flaws" you seem to be hinting at, and
explain how these twelve are of another origin. Therefore, you must find
the asteroid with volcanoes, and one with Mars' atmosphere.

As of "scared" scientists, their reasons of supporting the theory are
not relevant, and smells of the X-Files.