Icefalls?

With the recent news about "snowballs" from space, I have cause to rethink
about a few papers I received a while back.  I acquired the papers in the
hopes of resale on the Meteorite and Tektite Books site at the Meteorite
Exchange.  However, since this five-page typed list gives no indication of
origin, author, sources, or even authenticity, I chose not to post it for
sale.

The five pages contain a "List of Icefalls" between the years of 823 and
1962.  Of the 63 entries, 21 are outside the USA, and the remaining 42 are
located mostly in California and the East Coast of the United States.
Entries contain the location, date, time of fall, and short narrative about
the incident. Many entries are descriptions of blocks of ice that fell when
no other inclement weather was present.  Others describe fallen ice
containing materials such as stone, iron pyrite, rocks, etc.  Some icefalls
are attributed to airplane wing deicing etc., while others obviously fell
(with a similar description) before the invention of the airplane. Some
entries are written in the first-person making me think it part of a larger
body of work.

The reason for this post is two-fold.  First, I am looking for information
about this collection of events, as well as their significance.  My optical
character recognition program will not easily convert this document into
text which I could then send out or post electronically, and I don't want
to spend the time typing it.  Therefore, if there is anyone who would like
a copy, I will mail out photocopies to interested parties.  Unfortunately,
my generosity is not as gracious as Franks.  To receive a copy of the five
pages, I would like a self-addressed-stamped-envelope, and one US dollar
($1.00) to cover my costs and time.  Since there are no other notations on
this typed list of icefalls, I am going to assume no copyright infringement
will be made in my photocopying.

If you would like me to send you a copy of this Icefall list and need
mailing instructions, or you have any comments or questions, please email
me directly.

Please do not reply to this email. To avoid excess posts to this list, I
will respond only to emails sent directly to me at the following email
address:

horemart@ba.isu.edu

Sincerely,

Martin Horejsi