Death Valley Trip

Hi Frank,

Wonderful idea!  Maybe some astronomy at night as well?

Do you have some dates in mind?  Any thoughts on how long the trip would
last?  Do you offer U of W summer college credit?

I also see a place for some pre-activities to prepare for the trip.  In
fact, it would be possible for many of us to participate even if we can't
make the trip.  A discussion about the trip's goals and objectives would be
a nice addition to this list, as well as a chance for us to see some
behind-the-scenes about interplanetary science.

By the way, are you driving through Pocatello on your way to Death Valley?

Sincerely,

Martin in Pocatello

>	Hello everybody, I just wanted to see how much interest there was
>in a topic I have been mulling over for sometime. I want to run a trip to
>Death Valley, California. The purpose of this trip is to compare the
>geology of Death Valley, with that of Mars.
>	The trip would look at Sand Dunes, Alluvial fans, Mountains,
>Valleys, Race track playa, look at ancient stream beds and see how
>scientsts would look for life on Mars.
>	Like I said, I am thinking about it. If you are interested let me
>know, and I will investigate it further.
>
>Frank Stroik

Follow-Ups: References: