R.P. Greg's catalogue of Meteorites and Fireballs, AD2 to AD 1860

I have started to produce an online version of this catalogue to add
to my WWW home page.

First, as far as I can tell its not already available on the Internet?

If someone knows better, please let me know before I get to far.

secondly, a question about a symbol that appears in the catalogue that
is not explained. I think I know what it means, but I'd like to get a
second opinion.

The symbol looks like a stubby capital letter T but upsidedown.

i.e. one horizontal line with a vertical line half way along, and half
     its hight.

I guess it means "verticaly down", or maybe "verticaly down to the horizon"
is a better way to put it.

Here's a few examples of its use, I substute -L

red sparks dropping -L down;

clearly defined; -L for 7 or 8 degrees downwards;

one falling -L down;

Finally if anyone has a access to a copy of this very intresting catalogue
and feels they may be able to help with some proof reading of my conversion.
Not necessarly all of it, as this would help my confidence in it being entered
correctly.

--
Eric Hutton