1,600 Comet Hale-Bopp Images

COMET HALE-BOPP IMAGES
March 17, 1997

I now have over 1,600 images of Comet Hale-Bopp on my home page.  This is the
largest collection of Comet Hale-Bopp images in the world available on the
Internet.  I would like to thank all of the people who have submitted their
images.

http://galileo.ivv.nasa.gov/comet
             OR
http://newproducts.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/

I also strongly recommend people to go and and view the comet yourself if you
haven't done so already.  Daniel Green has predicted that this could be
the most viewed comet in all of human history.  Comet Hale-Bopp's brightness
is ahead of schedule, and it is already at about -1 magnitude.  There is still
two weeks to go before the comet's closest approach to the Sun.  Comets like
Hale-Bopp only come around about once every 200 years.

Don't miss the Great Comet of 1997 - you still have time.

Ron Baalke
baalke@kelvin.jpl.nasa.gov