Re: Misleading statements and the responsibility of Meteorite dealers.

(Citing comments by Frank Stroik, several weeks ago)
	Some months ago, I've also seen a dealer selling Allende and 	claiming
Phobos was its parent body.  When I asked him the 	source of thid
information, he told me someone had told him 	that, though he wouldn't
say who. I've asked him to provide me additional details, which he said
he would, but to date, he has not done so.  It turns out this same
dealer also was making very questionable claims on another meteorite,
most of them obviously erroneous.  Again I questioned him on the source
of his information, such as a research paper or a name of someone doing
the study of the meteorite, and again he came back with 	the vague
answer that someone had told him, and wouldn't say 	who.  In other
words, he was making claims that he could not 	backup, and cranking up
the prices of his meteorites based on 	these claims.  This is apparently
the mode of operation of this particular meteorite dealer.  Fortunately,
this is an isolated case, and I've encountered no other meteorite dealer
who sells meteorites in this fashion.
	In my experience, I have encountered only one meteorite dealer whom I
would consider dishonest, and I obviously don't deal with him anymore.

		Well, Ron, there you go again.
		First: You are "responding" to something Frank put out WEEKS ago?
		Second: I responded to all this, in some depth AT THAT TIME. Did you
miss your email?
		Third: I do NOT claim Allende is from Phobos; I make reference to
research that pointed out it had the same surface reflection spectrogram
and I say "likely" from Phobos. That is VERY different from "claiming it
is from Phobos." You are clearly misquoting me. My web site is there for
every one to see - look again, if you misread the first time.
(www.meteorite.com/Michael_Blood)
     	Fourth: How dare you call me dishonest? You further state I
was "making claims about another meteorite" - an obvious  reference to
Ibitira. Once again, I said only that several
researchers stated suspicions about possible lunar or Martian origins. I
never CLAIMED anything beyond that. Each & every one  of them requested
anonymity - which I respected.
     	A mailing list and web site are NOT a scientific convention -
where, I am told by a great many people,  it is common for theoreticians
to tear into one another venemously.
     Why you should be directing this sort of venom toward me is
     truly beyond my ken.
	The last time you made cynical and derogatory commentary directed
toward me, under the thinnest of veiled references,
several people on the list emailed me personally to
express support. I mentioned to one or two that it might have
been nice had they done so in the newsletter, since that is
where you had chosen to attack me.
	   	Why you have a bur in your saddle is beyond me. The 	fact that you
bring this up again, weeks after Frank's comments, (which, as I stated
earlier, were addressed by me at the time) is a clear indication that
SOMETHING is going on.
         	Originally, I communicated with you by privet email, asking
how it was that someone to whom I had never been anything but kind &
generous would choose to trash me publicly. You responded that I was
publicly trying to "Flim-flam" the public & you weren't about to sit by
idly & let that happen. I chose to simply ignore your wild carrying ons,
on the basis that, "The more you stir s---, the
more it stinks." But enough is enough. The true DISTORTION 	here, Ron,
is that you have MISQUOTED me AND accused me of 	DISHONESTY.
	If there is ANYONE who feels I have been dishonest with
them or sent them material inferior to my description, or in ANY 	way
cheated them, let's hear it.
	I do not care to receive any PRIVATE emails of support.
If there are readers of this newsletter that have read my web   	site,
have dealt with me, and feel this sort of attack is entirely
out of line, I invite you to speak up publicly, as this is where I
have been accused.
	Sincerely, Michael Blood