Re: 4,000 Comet Hale-Bopp Images

Hi Ron,

Ron Baalke wrote:

> I now have over 4,000 images of Comet Hale-Bopp on my home page:
>
> http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/

Thank-you for your wonderful efforts at establishing and maintaining
this great page for the benefit of all.

>                  Comets like Comet Hale-Bopp only come around about every
> 200 years.  The next known bright comet will be Halley's Comet in 2061,
> so this may be your last chance to see a bright comet for a quite a while.
>
> Ron Baalke

Our viewing disappeared sometime ago up here as our night sky is quite
bright.  But we had excellent viewing throughout March given that
Hale-Bopp was a circumpolar comet.  Oh yes, "up here" is a little better
than 69 degrees North latitude.

Regards,

stephen
--
Stephen R. Bedingfield            | So powerful is the light of unity
Box 115, Cambridge Bay NT X0E 0C0 |      that it can illuminate