Re: Earth meteorites?

While this would seem to be a prerequisite of small
> quantities of material, it would not necessarily be true for large
> quantities resulting from HUGE impacts.

  I suppose it depends on how you define "huge". An impact like the
one that is said to have produced the proto-moon would toss quite a bit
into orbit. More recently, though, would an impact such as the Yucatan
impact throw enough debris into space to produce an Earth meteorite?
Might there be a sparse belt around Earth or a tiny natural satellite
made up of such particles?