Re: Nuveo Mercurio B?

I while back, I made a post addressing the possible illegal exportation and
legal or ethical ownership of meteorites, in particular, those from
Australia. Lately, some questions have arisen about this issue stemming
from another posting I made about the possible confusion with the name
"Nuevo Mercurio (B)." One question had to do with Reid 013.  Here is some
of what I know about this issue.  All of this information is second-hand,
and may be true in entirety, in part, or not at all.  My personal feeling
is it is more an indication of the whole situation, and the truth is
embedded somewhere in the story.  Also, there are many people interested in
the outcome of situations like this, so it is best not to assume another
person's stand on this issue since there is a chance that the other person
knows something you don't, or has a vested interest in one side or another
of issues such as this.

For those just joining, the Reid 013 is a Brachinite, a very rare class of
achondrite.  Frank posted information about this class of meteorite a while
back.