Re: Moldavite Inclusion

I looked up inclusions in the book Moldavites: The Czech
Tektites by Vladimir Bouska (1994).  He states that "Very rarely,
moldavites have been found to contain isolated grains of baddeleyite
or zircon, quartz grains, and coesite or a magnetite skeleton  These
are mostly relic grains.  They are difficult to find and determine."
(page 33)  Frank, can you explain these minerals in more detail?

Earlier in the chapter, Bouska goes into some detail about
Lechatelierite grains.  However, he says that if the needle-like
grains are not included, at no time in his observations did the
diameter of any lechatelierite grain exceed 0.09mm.

I also have a picture of a translucent moldavite with an inclusion.
Mine is posted in the Meteorite Exchange's photo gallery, but I don't
have the URL at the moment.  The terminal I'm on has no graphic
capabilities (or a spell checker)....

If I can find more specific information on moldavite inclusions, I
will post it.

Martin Horejsi