Re: Rizalites, tektites

Dear Al,

As with all Tektites there are guide lines for pricing along with a big
list of exceptions. On the whole the average Rizalite goes for around
$1.00 per gram. This is a ball park figure for your run of the mill
Rizalite. A couple of years ago I paid $1.75 per gram for a wonderful
specimen from the Don Hurkot collection. For me this wonderful specimen
was and is worth every penny.

Since Tektites are unique individuals there can be a great difference
in "character" between specimens. I have some specimens in my collection
that I consider priceless. Some may view the Rizalite as just a piece of
Tektite glass and not worth much per gram. How much the Rizalite is worth
depends on the size, availability, condition, shape and grooving, and how
much knowledge the buyer has on Tektites. The more you study them the more
you realize they are actually worth more.

Paul Harris

At 11:12 PM 5/12/97 GMT, you wrote:
>Does anyone know what a good price for Rizalites are per gram at this time??
>
>Thanks
>
>--AL

  Paul Harris
  The Meteorite Exchange  http://www.meteorite.com
  P.O. Box 7000-455, Redondo Beach, CA 90277 USA