RE: Attaching Files ~ unofficial Policy

Hello All;

Regarding the recent issue of attaching files, this list really has no
official policy as to whether you can or can not attach a file. The person
posting just needs to use their own judgement. Normal email etiquette
dictates that you should limit the size of any attachment to a
nominal/small (i.e. no one wants to get a 2 meg attachment!) ... but just
use your best judgement. Additionally, most email programs allow you to set
the maximum size of a message to download so that you get a ~warning~ if
the message has a big attachment, and then decide whether you want to
download it, or delete off the mail server. I have all of my mail programs
set to a max. message size of 40k, and if the actual message is bigger or
it a has a big attachment, I have the option of choosing not to download
the message/attachment. This helps a lot.

Actually, probably the best way to deal with this sort of thing is to place
the attachment/file on the web somewhere and then just reference the URL in
the mail message ... that is the way most lists suggest you handle this
type of thing ...

FYI... some postees have recently been using the old list address
(meteorite-list@cts.com) which for some reason is working --should'nt be as
I canceled that account six months ago!-- ... So make sure that you don't
send or reply to messages with the cts.com domain ...

The correct address is: meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com

Thanks!

Best Regards, Art

METEORITE CENTRAL