Mars Pathfinder Update - September 30, 1997

MARS PATHFINDER MISSION STATUS
30 September 1997, 9:15 a.m. PDT

We were unable to communicate with the Mars Pathfinder
spacecraft today. Attempts were made to get the
spacecraft to send us the a beacon signal over its low
gain antenna, but the signal was not seen.

Our next up link will be from 1:00 a.m. until 7:00 a.m.
tomorrow, October 1st. We have requested additional
support from the Deep Space Network Station so that we
may use their 70 meter antennas to ensure that any signal
from the spacecraft will be detected.

We will be trying to determine if the problems we are
seeing are due to spacecraft hardware. This will be done
by attempting to use the auxiliary transmitter.

For further information on the Mars Pathfinder Mission,
please call our Mission Status Report line at
1-800-391-6654.