Re: Hamada du Draa

>To All
>
>Does anyone know the history of a meteorite called Hamada du Draa from
>Algeria?  I know it fell January 19 or 20, 1995.  About 200 kilograms was
>recovered and it is classified as an L5 or 6.  Anymore history will be
>greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Mike

I heard that it was one sample about 200 kg. It was broken on place of fall
and moved to Morocco were was sold to few mineral dealers.
It was classified in Germany (Munster I guess) as H5-6. Shock stage S2. It
is light inside with very nice fusion crust. I think in USA it is now
selling by name Mhamid.

Serguei