Re: 129I/129Xe

I think this is the story:

Chondrites contain 129 Xe in greater abundance than is found in the Solar
System as a whole. This excess is attributed to the radioactive decay of 129
I which was picked up by the chondrites during their formation 4.6 billion
years ago. The 129 I is only formed in supernovae explosions and it quickly
becomes extinct since it decays completely in about 100 million years. Thus
the evidence of this nearby supernova explosion is brought to us in the
"fossil" record of the chondrites.

Joel Schiff