Credit Card on the Internet

Hello All,
 Here is an idea I think would make things easier for all of us(dealers
and collectors).
Does this sound like it would work or am I missing something?
 doug
                      Paying by Credit Card on the Internet

Here's how it works. We send you an encryption number.

When you indicate that you would like to but a meteorite over the
Internet, you will send us an e-mail indicating so. To allow you to use
your credit card securely, we will send you back a code number to use to
encrypt your credit card number. The number will be 2 to 4 digits long,
and you simply add it to your credit card number, and send us that
number. The the number that we send you is unique to you, and we simply
subtract it from the encrypted credit card number that you send us back.
We will then have your correct credit card number.

Here's an example:
   1.We receive an e-mail from you indicating that you would like to
buy.
   2.We send you a code number, e.g. ADD 9103
   3.You add that to your credit card number.
          e.g. VISA 3231-7000-4021-2763 + 9103,    becomes
          3231-7000-4022-1866,    and that is the number that you send
us.
   4.We simply extract the correct number by subtracting 9103 from the
number that you sent.

This way, even if your credit card number is intercepted, it is totally
useless without the code.