Mars Pathfinder Update - October 15, 1997

MARS PATHFINDER MISSION STATUS
15 October 1997, 3:00 p.m. PDT

Today again we attempted to up link commands to the
spacecraft that would turn on the transmitter. However,
we were unsuccessful. Tomorrow we will resume our
attempts to command the spacecraft. Our team is
continuing to investigate the problem in an effort to
better understand what is occurring on board the
spacecraft.

For further information on the Mars Pathfinder Mission,
please call our Mission Status Report line at
1-800-391-6654.