Send Your Name To A Comet

Hi,

We will be collecting names and placing them on the Stardust spacecraft.
The names will be placed on a small microchip which will reside
in the return capsule.  Stardust will be launched in February 1999,
and will encounter Comet Wild-2 in 2004.  Passing through the comet's coma,
cometary particles will be collected with aerogel and returned to Earth
two years later.  When we recover the return capsule, we'll take the microchip
out and have it on display at museums, most likely the Smithonian.  We'll
probably start the name collecting next week, and I'll provide more details
then on how to submit names.

Ron Baalke
Stardust Team Member