Mars Pathfinder Update - October 21, 1997

MARS PATHFINDER MISSION STATUS
21 October 1997, 8:30 a.m. PDT

At this time, the status of the Mars Pathfinder mission
remains the same.  We are attempting to regain communications
with the lander, but have not seen a signal since October 7th.
We have high confidence, however, that the spacecraft is still
functioning, but the extreme cold temperatures of the lander is
preventing communications.  We are pursuing several courses of
action which should allow us to recover and continue normal
operations.

For further information on the Mars Pathfinder Mission,
please call our Mission Status Report line at
1-800-391-6654.