Re: Tunguska Information

Dear Ron,
	RE Tunguska - I, too, have read articles which mentioned minute
particles of meteoritic material found "in trees" in the area.
Unfortunately, I cannot cite WHICH articles these were, or the
publications in which they appeared. Of the many articles I have read on
the event, they run about 2 to 1, in saying there was never found ANY
material whatsoever indicating the origin of the blast & that,
therefore, only theoretical hypothesies could be drawn - I believe at
least 2 articles had mentioned the minute particles found "in trees" - I
believe one of them even proclaimed what TYPE of meteorite it had to
have been. At least one of them stated it had to have been a commet &
not a meteorite.
	Again, I apologize for not being able to provide specific (or even
general) citations. (I do believe, however, NONE of them were in any of
the astronomy publications.....& I am confident one was in
Newsweek - probably concurrent with the Shoemaker-Levi 9/Jupiter event)
	Best wishes, Michael