Mars Pathfinder Update - September 15, 1997

MARS PATHFINDER MISSION STATUS
15 September 1997, 10:50 p.m. PDT

The rover's wakeup call was to an old Beatles tune, "When I'm 64",
at 3:52 PDT.   The rover had a busy day, leaving the Rock Garden traveling
about 5 meters to the rock called Chimp, and took its picture.

All telemetry shows that both the lander and rover remain in good health.

For further information on the Mars Pathfinder Mission,
please call our Mission Status Report line at 1-800-391-6654.