LL7 Classification

To the Brothers Labenne:

Thank you for your email and your information both on the UDEN meteorite
and the other meteorite specimens.

To the Brothers Labenne and to the List,

In the email I received from the Brothers Labenne, they informed me that
the UDEN meteorite is an LL7 - in accordance with a scientific paper by
H.Y. McSween, Jr. et al. (1989) Pyroxene thermobarometry in LL-group
chondrites and implications for parent body metamorphism (Meteoritics
24-4, 1989, 219-226).

My METCAT database still lists it as an LL6 - in accordance with a
scientific abstract by P. Pellas et al. (1996) Spallation tracks in
merrillites of ordinary chondrites (abs. Meteoritics 31, Suppl., 1996,
July, A106).

Any information on this classification discrepancy would be gratefully
appreciated.

I hope the Easter Hare laid plenty of meteorites in your front or
backyard gardens.

Regards, Bernd