Lyrid Meteor Shower Reminder

Hi George,

The point I made was that Bernd's railroad track example does not hold
up in the case of cometary debris showers, because as you and others
suggest the debris in fact radiates.  If this is true, then they are not
travelling parallel to each other, merely in a similar course as the
parent.

Bernd wrote:
"Although shower meteors move in parallel orbits, they seem to ‘radiate’

from one point in the sky, or vice versa, if you follow their tracks in
the sky backwards, they seem to converge on a certain point in the sky
as a consequence of perspective. Remember railroad tracks (seemingly)
converging on a distant point."

The point of this classic RR example is one of perspective.  The tracks
are parallel but only 'appear' to converge in the distance or as in this
case appear to be coming at you in radial mode even thought we know they
are parallel.

Radial spewing from a shot gun is not parallel.  Which is it - RR track
or shot gun pattern?

Best regards,
Julia