Re: [ASTRO] Re: US DOD FIREBALL RELEASE

Bill Arnett<<
 Why did they take so damned long to come out with that information?  I'll
 bet there are a lot of folks who put in a LOT of effort that could have
 been saved had they known this information in a timely fashion.  We might
 even have been able to recover some fragments.

I really don't know bill...I've seen this kind of thing happen in the past. I
personally think that some privileged people are getting first crack at
finding any meteorites  before the world masses get an opportunity to get in
on the stampede.
George Zay