RE: US DOD FIREBALL RELEASE

George and list -
    What's really sad about this is that DoD never
released any of this to Gene Shoemaker during his lifetime (as near as
I know).  Also, while we "heard" about the El Paso bollide, I don't
think that DoD has ever released data recovered by their acoustic
sensors back when the full network of them were operating in the 60's.
    I can't explain why, but I have a stinking hunch that there is a
lot more that DoD has not told us,
both about bollides and about their earlier plans for planetary
defense.  Perhaps the openings of the movies
"Deep Impact" and "Armageddon" will cause them to change their minds.
                             Clear skies -
                                   Ed