Re: Utah Tektites?

Hi All,
    Recently I visited a friend of my mothers, an elderly widow whos husband
had been a rockhound.  In amongst his stuff was what appeared to be a small
tektite that he had picked up somewhere around Superior, Arizona.  There was a
faded newsclipping about tektites with it.  In appearance it looked similar to
your average indochinite, button shaped and about 1.5mm in diameter.  Is this
what was referred to when someone mentioned "Americanites"?

Jim