T-Tauri thoughts

I have been reading up on Chondrite formation theories lately
and had some thoughts on it. Since I don't have any real expertise
in the science involved, I have to use my imagination.

One of the characteristics of T-Tauri stars that isn't well understood
is their sudden flaring for hours or days.

The chondrules were probably formed at this time in the pre-solar
nebulae and recent theories claim that they had to be formed
by sudden thermal shocks lasting for minutes to hours.

It doesn't sem then that these flaring could be the cause - they would
probably vaporize any chondritic particles. Investigation into
chondrite formation does seem to suggest they underwent several melts.

Here's my thought - could these flarings be due to a temporary
H->He fusion cause by large infalling masses. The core of the
nebulae hasn't reached the point where fusion could be sustained,
but it's getting there. There must be some times when it is close
to that point and a sudden big shock could take it locally to that
stage, cause some H->He local fusion and then died out for lack of
sustaining energy.

This seems plausible, but what do I know...

--
          Jim Hurley
       Arachnaut's Lair