Tektite textures

I have several Indochinites and Chinese tektites and have always wondered
what the cause is of their fascinating texture, ie. the small circular pits and the
numerous wormlike tracks. Are they from erosion or do they represent some
kind of outgassing? I've also seen them in photographs of other kinds of
tektites. In my limited sources on tektite information I have yet to find a good
explanation. Any information from folks on this list would be appreciated.
Thanks so much.

Bob King