Q. When is a Tektite Not a Tektite? A. When It is Found on the Moon.

Excellent point!  Reminds me of the old saying--"the victors of the last
war write the history."  So who says there were no tektites found on the
Moon?  I read this misstatement all the time!  Evidence of tektite
glass--albeit very minute--was indeed verified as mentioned.  But then
granite--the source of tektites according to the O'Keefe school--may
only make up 1% of lunar surface material (but there's likely more deep
in the Moon).  It's curious how the historic and scientific record gets
rewritten--in this case by "impactists" like S.A. Taylor, et al, in the
wake of the Apollo era.  The Apollo 12013 material--according to
independent researcher Hal Povenmire--would have been hailed as a
tektite if it had been found on the Earth.  So why wasn't it hailed as
tektitic when found on the Moon?  The rivalry between tektite
researchers in the 1960s and 70s was cut throat (and don't kid yourself
that scientists are pure souls in search of the truth at all costs, even
if it threatens their own work).  The tektitic fragment in the Apollo
12013 KREEP sample was nearly identical to a javanite in composition!
(Sounds a little bit like proof to me?)

No matter, I'll be happy to share photocopies of O'Keefe's classic paper
"Tektite Glass in Apollo 12 Sample" (from the journal SCIENCE, 1970,
v168, p. 1209-10) if no one has access to it from a library collection.

Just send me a self-addressed stamped envelope--with two first-class
stamps to cover a 2 ounce envelope returned to you--to me at the
following address.  I'll also throw in a lunar-volcanic tektite paper by
astronomer Winifred Cameron (formerly with NASA Goddard) but now quite
active in LTP observing with ALPO--she has documented what appear to be
several recent pyroclastic volcanic events on the "dead" Moon.

Lou Varricchio
RR 3, Box 498
Middlebury, VT 05753