Underwater meteorites again

Thanks to all who responded to my question about underwater meteorites last month. I have had e-mail problems and have just read them. Here are my reasons for asking about them.

First, the diver in Florida that found black rocks at wreck sites were not meteorites. They were either slag or ballast or just good old rocks. (meteorwrongs with barnacles)

Second, I have an interest in searching the Murray Kentucky area for more Carbonaceous chondrites from the 1950 fall. The 1966 Catalouge of Meteorites says that 12.6 kg. were recovered from a shower 9 miles east of Murray near Wildcat Creek on Kentucky Lake. I thought the area on the lakeshore and the lake itself might produce more, if any would survive from falling 48 years ago.
I have never been to this area and know nothing about the terrain or lake bottom, but I enjoy swimming. Could there be fully crusted meteorites on this lake bottom still intact and would they be protected from the water by their crust? Would the water help these CM2's survive?

John Sinclair