Re: Tule meteorite

Matt Morgan schrieb:

> Hi Dave:
> I think you mean Tulia. There are a few Tulia's-Tulia(a), Tulia(b),
> Tulia(c),
> Tulia(d). Here is some info:
> Tulia(a)
>      H5, breccia => H3-H4
>      Weight (gms): ? = > Two stones, 14.9kg and 8.9kg, were ploughed
> up
>      Swisher County, Texas, USA
>      Found: 1917
> Tulia(b)-no data = > L6*

*Some material in collections labelled Tulia is L-group and not H-group
material. 2153g obtained from H. Nininger in 1940 by the Field
Mus.Nat.Hist., Chicago is L6 material, as is BM 1959,991. These
specimens are fairly fresh, olivine Fa25.0.

HUSS G.I. (1982) Sorting out the many falls of the Tulia-Dimmitt area
(Meteoritics 17, 1982, 229-230).

> Tulia (c)
>      Type: H5-6
>      Weight (gms): 4.27 kg
>      Location: Swisher County, Texas, USA
>      Find or Fall: Found: ?, recog’d 1981
> Tulia (d)
>      Type: H6
>      Weight (gms): 17.7 kg
>      Location: Swisher County, Texas, USA
>      Find or Fall: Found: ?, recog’d 1981
> Best,
> Matt Morgan

+ Tule Draw (H5): Five stones totalling 2.3 kg in weight, some more
oxidised than others, were recovered; they may not all be from the same
fall. Clasification, olivine Fa18.5.
34° 40' N   /  102° 00' W / Find 1981