Re: Kaigorod

Dear Jeff,
	I have three macromount specimens of Kaigorod. I acquired it from a
European source and ASSUMED it was "registered," as it was labled
"H4-5." It is certainly an exceptionally "pretty" stone.(do all
countries register through the Meteoritical Bulletin - Nomenclature
Commitee?)
	I will break off a piece to send you (or your desegnate) if I am the
only one to have this in the U.S. (hard to believe), though I would
think SOMEONE would have to have a LOT more than I. How large a piece is
needed?
	Please advise.
	Best wishes, Michael
---
Jeff Grossman wrote:
>  People,
>  There is a meteorite in wide circulation called "Kaigorod" that has never
> been named or announced officially.  Is anybody out there planning to get it described, or does anybody know of efforts to do this?
>  jeff
>
> Dr. Jeffrey N. Grossman, Editor, Meteoritical Bulletin
> US Geological Survey
> 954 National Center
> Reston, VA 20192, USA
> phone: (703) 648-6184