Back from hols...

Hi All,

Back from Conneticut / Rhode Island, and the seaside town of Misquamicut
turned out to be a place of great frustration for a meteorite collector /
hunter: stone walls everywhere, and I mean *everywhere*, and I walked
alongside most of them looking for rocks that weren't-quite-right... didn't
find anything, but hey, the mosquitoes were glad to see me...

Saw four nice bright Perseids on my last night there, then came home to find
the UK almost 20 degrees cooler than RI, with the same, permanently-overcast
skies I remembered. No more meteors since then... :-(

Excited to hear about the Saharan SNC though... any more news on that yet?
Talking about Mars - yes, I know, as I usually am ... - if anyone hasn't got
their copy yet, GO AND BUY THE NEW NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, its 3D Pathfinder pics
are truly, truly remarkable. You're there, on the flood plain, and the rocks
are so close you can almost touch the darned things... by far the best 3D Mars
pics I've seen anywhere.

Anyway, I have to go collect my humble collection from the Mineral Museum
which was babysitting it for me while I was away. I missed you guys!!! Now I
know how rotten those people who were temporarily banished felt...

Stuart A