Re: STOLEN MICHIGAN METEORITE RECOVERED

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of meteorite theives?

Good work Michael in recovering and reporting the stolen iron. I assume
that the University of Michigan will compensate you for the considerable
costs you incurred in recovering their meteorite, and/or volunteer a
reward.

Michael has set an excellent example here, and hopefully it will offset
some of the bad publicity that was generated by several other recent
meteorite thefts. When a meteorite of substantial value (such as the U. of
M. iron) is stolen, there aren't really that many places where it can be
sold. We should all strive to be vigilant, and continue to post notices to
this list about stolen specimens. If the warning about that iron had not
appeared here on our list, the stolen piece might never have been recovered.

Well done to all those involved.

Geoff Notkin