Are there still any REAL-Meteorite Hunters?

Hello out there,

I'm an amateur astronomer that wants to take up
rockhounding/meteorite-hunting. What I'm looking
for is connections with people who actually spend a
fair/great deal of their hobby time searching for
meteorites. I have had a long fascination with the
topic and since I have moved to the Canadian Prairies,
I have the time to contribute something to the
community at large. Any replies from seasoned
amatures or professionals would be welcomed.