Re: (Fwd) maps of Georgia tektite finds

> Hello.  I'm new to the list.  I'm interested in searching for Georgia
>  tektites.  I live about 50 miles from the area where most of the
>  finds have been reported (Dodge and Bleckley counties).  I'd like to
>  know whether there are maps showing specifically where tektites have
>  been found.  Also, any suggestions on search techniques will be
>  appreciated.
>
>  Dick Marti

Hello Dick,

I live in Savannah and I have sometimes thought of searching for them but I
don't have the time.  I would suggest that you contact Hal Povenmire, who
literally wrote the book on the Georgia tektites.  Hal's address is 215 Osage
Dr., Indian Harbor Beach, Florida 32937.  His phone number is (407) 777-1303.
His book "Tektites: A Cosmic Paradox" is a good summary of the studies of the
Georgia Tektites and it contains a distribution map (which may not be detailed
enough for you but it shows the number found by county.)

-Walter