Georgia Tektites

Greetings List and Tektite Buffs,

Please check out my Georgia Tektite page at:

http://www.mindspring.com/~ealbin/tektites.htm

Although it is currently under construction, there are plenty of images and
some details on georgiaite distribution in east-central Georgia.
Unfortunately, much of the really good stuff on Georgia tektite aerial and
stratigraphic occurrence is still in unpublished form -- take a look at
these references:

Albin, E.F., 1997, Georgiaites: Tektite geochemistry and stratigraphic
occurrence in east-central Georgia, unpublished Ph.D. Dissertation,
University of Georgia, 302 p.

Horwath, R.W., 1990, Late Eocene and early Oligocene calcareous
nannofossils and search for microtektites from central Georgia, unpublished
Master's Thesis, University of Georgia, 127p.

Zwart, P.A., 1978, An investigation of the stratigraphic occurrence of
Georgia tektites, unpublished Master's Thesis, University of Delaware, 87p.

King, E.A., 1962, Geology of Dodge County, Georgia, Harvard University,
unpublished Master's Thesis, 17p.

For those interested in these rare tektites, I'll be happy to ship a bound
copy of my dissertation (see above) for the cost of duplication/postage or
in exchange for a small meteorite slice (suitable for electron microprobe
work).  There are well over a hundred figures (photos and maps included)
and 250 references sited which cover virtually everything ever written
about Georgia tektites and the North American tektite strewn field.

Cheers,

Ed Albin