Re: "Barmaggedon" Next round is on me!

Hi Stuart, and all:

I liked the news story. It sounds like a publicity stunt to sell a few
extra pints, but with the ever-increasing cost of real ale, who can blame
the pub owners for trying? They probably had one of the truckers from the
local brewery drop a steel keg in their beer garden to make the crater.

Still, I loved the title of the article -- "Barmageddon," that was very
creative. While reading it, I was preparing to bet you 50 p. that the story
ran in "The Sun," and then at the end of the article you stated that it
had. For list members not familiar with "The Sun," it's a trashy, gossipy
rag that is famous for its scantily-clad "Page three girls," and apocryphal
tales of the Royal Family. One headline I always remember from my youth
was, " 'My daughter to marry punk rocker,' says Vicar." So, it's not
exactly known for objective, scientific reporting.

Well, Stuart, thanks for the yarn, and have a pint for me anyway. It must
be just about closing time in England.

Regards,

Geoff Notkin
(sometime resident of Purley, Surrey)